"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Four Wonderful Years

Cody and I celebrated our 4th anniversary last Thursday. I can't believe it has been four years since we got married, but it has been four great years! I love you baby!

Our wedding vows:
I, Melanie/Cody, choose you Cody/Melanie to be my husband/wife. Today I join my life to yours. From this day on, I will be your partner and companion, for you are my dearest love and best friend. I look forward to the joy we will find in each other’s separate successes, as well as our shared ones. I welcome the challenge of whatever obstacles we encounter, for I know that whatever we face, we face it together. In times of celebration, I will share your joy. In times of sickness, I will give you care. In times of sorrow, I will help carry your burden and be your refuge of strength in times of uncertainty. I make this covenant with you this day and ask God to help me fulfill my promise as long as we both shall live.

Cody/Melanie, I give you this ring, as a sign that I will love you and honor you, make you laugh, wipe your tears, and hold your hand all the days of my life. In the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Our wedding day (6/17/2006)


Eating our anniversary dinner at University Chophouse (6/17/2010)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You guys are too cute together! Hope to see you Aug 1st at the Jenkins' house. (She's sent out an evite -- let me know if you didn't get it!). Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to my sweetie pie Mel and her beloved Cody!!! It doesn't seem like it's been 4 yrs, but I know it's been 4 of the BEST years of your lives!! It was so wonderful having you both home over the weekend and I'm counting down the days till you'll be able to move back home! I can't wait to have you back here close by! Thanks Cody for setting this as my homepage! I love you both so very much!!

    Love always,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, tear...

    Congratulations to you two...you look even prettier than the day you got married!

    ReplyDelete