"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Adios, Amigos

For several weeks, there has been something missing in our neighboorhood...our neighbors, the Heplers! They moved to Greensboro!



Before they left, we gave them a going-away party. We had a mexican fiesta themed dinner, with tacos, chips and salsa, and homemade fried ice cream. It was bittersweet, as it's always great to spend time with friends, but it's so sad to see a great family move away. Luckily, things have quickly fallen into place for the Heplers; they have already sold their house here in Greenville and have put in an offer on a house in Greensboro. We couldn't have asked for better friends/neighbors, and we wish them all the best with this new path in their lives!

3 comments:

  1. I miss your blog, Mel!! And I miss our weekly lunches and knowing the day-to-day happenings of the Wingler family. :) I think about you guys so much. Although I'm horrible at emailing (please forgive me, and expect an email soon!), know that I think about you and pray for you a lot! Miss you girl! (Blog more... lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how important your neighbors/friends are to you & Cody so I know that you really miss them!! HOpefully when you guys can come home next you can stop in Greensboro to see them either on your way in or way back home!! IF daddy can't get off to come in March then I'm going to come down to see you myself!!! I'll talk to you more about that on the phone. I miss and love you so much and pray for you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sniff! you are too sweet...and I know that we will be forever friends, no matter what!! sending you a virtual hug :)

    ReplyDelete