"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, October 31, 2011

38 Weeks Today!

Each day that goes by is a day closer to getting to meet our little girl!  We are so excited and ready to meet her!

Mommy at 37 weeks pregnant













Here's what's been happening since the last baby post:
  • Madelyn and I both checked out fine at our doctor's appointment last week.  I am swelling more in my ankles, feet, and hands; staying tired most of the time; and not sleeping as well, but this is all to be expected at this stage of pregnancy.  Chamomile tea has helped me to sleep better, but it does not taste good at all! 
  • Madelyn dropped within the past week--she's getting ready for her arrival!
  • The girls in my bible study group hosted a baby shower for me.  What a blessing it is to have a group of great Christian friends!
  • Cody and I went shopping at Babies R Us to finish out our registry.  We were lucky enough to have coupons and gift cards to use, and we even have some money left on the gift cards to use later for all those things we didn't know we needed!
  • I made a belly cast, with my friend Kelley's help.  This was part of Kelley's baby gift to us.  I've been working on sealing it this week.  It will eventually be painted and have her name with her birth statistics on it.  What a great keepsake for Madelyn to have!
  • Cody and I are using my pregnant belly as part of our Halloween costume!  Stay tuned for another post with Halloween pics later this week...

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic...like you could just pop that baby out and be right back where you started. She'll be here in no time! Halloween would be a fun birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete