"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Year Older...

My husband is very thoughtful, but he sometimes has a difficult time keeping surprises from me. This year, Cody had a surprise birthday party for me, and I truly was surprised! I don't know how he managed to time it just right, but on Sunday afternoon I decided we needed to go to Sam's to pick up a few things (or at least he made me think I was the one who had decided). When we got back and opened the door to our house--SURPRISE!--our friends were waiting for me in our house for my surprise birthday party! They brought snacks and Cody had gotten me a chocolate cake from The Fresh Market. How sweet!

Since my birthday was actually on Monday, we had to celebrate on that day too! Cody took me out to eat at Chili's after I got off work. Unfortunately, they didn't have my favorite dessert (the chocolate chip cookie molten cake), but the chocolate chip paradise pie was very tasty!

Happy 26th birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment