"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Holiday

Cody and I have so much for which to be thankful--our marriage, our family, Hershey, a nice place to live, great friends, good health, more "things" than we ever need, a great church family, and of course, much more food than we can eat....

The Thanksgiving holiday was full of all the things we are thankful for. Our parents both came to our house for Thanksgiving lunch. (We had leftovers galore.) We had a great time talking and playing games.

Using our China for the First Time


The Food


Getting a Full Plate


Cody and his mom went Black Friday shopping at 4:30 a.m. I, with the help of my dad, had a hot breakfast cooked for everyone by the time they were back from shopping. We had country ham, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns, chocolate chip banana bread, coffee, and juice.

Not only does Thanksgiving mean a time of thanks, but, to me, it also means the start of the Christmas season--my favorite time of the year. After our parents left on Friday, we spent the rest of the afternoon decorating for Christmas. Hours were spent getting boxes of decorations out of the attic, placing them in the appropriate spots around the house, decorating our tree, and putting the empty decoration boxes back up in the attic. Our tree has many special ornaments--I have a ton that I received growing up, we have some that we have given each other or that we received from our parents, there are a few that commemorate special moments in our lives--like our first Christmas together, and a small collection of ornaments that we picked up at the places we have visited since we have been married. Some people like theme trees that are all matchy-matchy, which I think are very pretty, but I couldn't imagine Christmas without our personalized tree.

Our Living Room


On Saturday, Cody put up icicle lights on the outside of the house. He doesn't particularly like heights, but he was so brave to go so high on the ladder to even put the lights on the tall peak of our roof. They look so good! I spent most of Saturday wrapping presents. (By the way, I am 99% done with my Christmas shopping!)

Christmas Lights!


To end our great Thanksgiving holiday, we got to visit with a dear friend of ours from high school. Kristina came to eat lunch with us on Sunday, and she spent most of the day just hanging out. It was the perfect way to end the weekend!

Kristina and Mel

1 comment:

  1. Dinner AND breakfast? Can we take a course to convert to the Wingler family?

    ReplyDelete