"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas

Hershey and I went to the post office today, because I needed to get stamps to mail off our Christmas cards. The post office on Memorial wasn't open, so I had to drive to the one in Winterville. When I got there, the line was about 15 people long, and moving very slowly. Come to find out, there was only one register open because the other one was broken. If you just needed stamps and if you had the correct change or were paying with a check, they could help you immediately so you wouldn't have to stand in line. Well, I never carry cash with me, and, of course, I didn't have my check book. The woman behind me asked me how many stamps I needed, and she bought me a book of stamps so I wouldn't have to stand in line to pay with my credit card. What a nice surprise! This woman did an act of kindness that was definitely unexpected and unnecessary--the true spirit of Christmas. Her generosity was not only recognized and appreciated by me, but many of the people in line also noticed her act of kindness. May God bless this woman, whoever she may be, and may we all remember her kindness and pass it on to someone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment