"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Belly Cast

When I was around 32 weeks pregnant, my friend Kelley helped me make a belly cast.  During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I sealed it with several coats of gesso. (I know that makes me sound very artistic, but I can't really tell you what it is other than some kind of white, thick paint that Kelley told me to use!)  It filled in the holes from the gauze used to make the cast and made it more of a solid piece.  Kelley had offered to paint something on it for me, but I decided to do it myself to make it more of a sentimental piece for Madelyn.  I have to say that I wondered many times if I was crazy to do it myself when Kelley is so artistic, and I'll be the first to admit that I am definitely not!  I was a little hesitant about starting it, afraid I would mess it up.  However, I think it turned out pretty good, and hopefully Madelyn will enjoy looking at it when she gets older.  I used the design from her bedding for the top, and then painted her birth stats on the belly.  It's so hard to believe how she fit in my belly at one time....she has already gotten so big!


2 comments: