"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, March 16, 2012

4 Month Well Child Check

Madelyn went to see Dr. Schmidt yesterday for her 4 month well child check.  She had to get two shots and one oral vaccine.  She was already getting tired, so she was not a happy camper for any of the vaccines, not even the oral one.  It breaks Mommy's heart every time to hear her cry, but I know the vaccines are for her own good.  Thankfully, the shots did not seem to have the same side effects as last time.  Last time, she was very irritable.  This time, I could tell she was extra tired and clingy.  She didn't want me to put her down....so, we snuggled for a while before she eventually fell asleep on my shoulder while we were rocking in the rocking chair on the front porch.  I hate knowing she probably wasn't feeling well, but oh, how Mommy loved holding her sweet girl!  Her legs look a little swollen today at the injection sites, but she seems to be almost back to her normal self....maybe still a little tired.

Little Miss Maddie is developing and growing beautifully! 

Her 4 month stats:
Weight:  12 lbs. 13 oz.
Length:  24 1/4 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment