"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beach Baby, Beach Baby There on the Sand

At the beginning of August, we took a family vacation to Myrtle Beach.  We went with my mom and dad and my sister's family.  Other than a quick visit to the beach for a Family Medicine retreat with Cody's work, this was Maddie's first beach vacation.  We had such a good time! 

Maddie really enjoyed the beach, although it took her a couple days to warm up to the ocean.  I can imagine that it would seem pretty scary to a little baby.  After a few days, she was wanting us to walk her in deeper and deeper into the waves.  She loved playing in the sand too.  (By the way, I will keep baby powder in my beach bag from now on.  Just put baby powder on to get the sand off--this trick off of Pinterest worked like a charm!)

Mommy and Maddie playing in the sand

Grammy, Grandpa and Maddie

Getting used to the water with Daddy

Building a sand castle with Daddy

My cute pregnant sister and me

Eating a snack

Sweet Connor

Maddie loves her some Connor!

Playing with Grammy and Grandpa

Jeremy and Mary

Walking in the waves with Grammy

Our family!

1 comment:

  1. how fun!! Glad you guys had a good time...and thanks for the Myrtle Beach tips :)

    ReplyDelete