"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy, Happy Birthday to my Sweet Husband!

Cody celebrated his 28th birthday while we were at the beach (what a great location, huh?)!  I had several activities planned to (hopefully) make his day very special. 
  1. My dad cooked him breakfast--eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. 
  2. While he was out for his morning run on the beach, my mom and sister helped me decorate the condo with birthday decorations.  I had birthday plates, cups, and napkins for his birthday breakfast; streamers, and balloons.  There were (almost) 28 balloons for his 28th birthday, each with a special message from a family member or friend.  I had planned on filling them with helium, but it just didn't work out....so we just taped the balloons on the wall, chairs, and light fixture.  When he returned from his run, he was surprised by the birthday decor and enjoyed reading each of the balloons.
  3. After we ate breakfast and Cody opened his presents, I planned several games to play, Minute-to-Win-it style!  Cody really likes watching Minute-to-Win-it, and we have talked many times about how easy it would be to duplicate a lot of the games at home.  We did 5 games:  Play it by Ear, Breakfast Scramble, Face the Cookie, Nose Dive, and Defying Gravity.  We had so much fun and laughed so hard! 
  4. I made Cody an apple pie for his birthday "cake."  I remembered candles but forgot matches!  He got to pretend he was blowing out the candles!  :)
Birthday decor

Birthday breakfast

Surprise!

Maddie helping Daddy open presents

Mom concentrating hard to put the cans in order

Mary trying to catch the cookie in her mouth

Daddy transferring cotton balls with his nose

Jeremy trying to keep the balloons afloat

Grammy and Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I've seen some other families doing Minute to Win it games and I never knew where to find them...thanks!

    ReplyDelete