"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Personal Mechanic

Considering my Accord is around 8 years old, it has held up really well. However, there were a couple things that needed to be fixed, and Cody did them himself in just one night, which saved us a lot of money.

The last time I got my oil changed at the Honda place, they said I would need a new air filter, which would run about $30, not including labor. Cody changed my air filter in no time (only $20 minus a $5 coupon).

Over the years, the headlights had become gray and cloudy, which really aged the car. The Honda place suggesting replacing the headlights, which I can only imagine how expensive that would have been. Cody worked hard on the headlights to refinish them with a Turtle Wax headlight refinishing kit (only $11). They look so much better now!

Notice the difference between the headlight on the left (not refinished yet) and the one on the right (already refinished).


Cody working hard...


My handsome mechanic proud of his finished product

4 comments:

  1. it's nice having a handyman around isn't it? I betcha Cody could change the oil too....in all his spare time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sweet how the little things make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody used to change the oil in my car, but since we have been here, we don't really have a flat place for him to change it except in the street. Since time is now an issue too, it's just easier to pay someone to do it for now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Cody!! The headlights look soooo much better!! It's really great to have someone that can do things like that and the money you save makes it even better!! Mel, I like your new Fall/Halloween page, it looks good enough to eat!! LOL!! Love and miss you both!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete