"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Hawaiian Halloween

Okay, I know this post is long overdue! Better late than never, right?

Each year, Cody and I host a pumpkin carving party at our house with our neighbors a few days before Halloween. Everyone brings their own pumpkin, and we all carve our pumpkins together. The past few years, we have had a special Halloween-style dinner before we get creative with our pumpkins--brains and eyeballs (spaghetti and meatballs)!

Eyeballs (made by Cody)


Mummy Cupcakes (made by Mel)


Our Frankenstein pumpkin (carved mostly by Cody)




For Halloween this year, we decided to dress up Hawaiian-style. I was a hula girl and Cody was a tribal man. Together, our costumes cost less than $10, so I was pretty proud of our budget costumes!


Hershey started out as a moose, but got too hot, so we had to take the costume off. He liked being a hawaiian dog better anyway!




We had around 30 kids come trick-or-treating this year, which I think was about the same as last year from what I can remember. Some of our favorite trick-or-treaters include:

The Hepler family, AKA Uncle Henry, Auntie Em, Cowardly Lion, and Dorothy


The Terrell family, AKA Mom and Football player (Dad Rob was handing out candy)


The Austin family, AKA Ghost, Cat Lady, and Turtle

1 comment:

  1. I loved, loved, loved the brains, eyeballs and especially the mummy cupcakes!!! Ya'll did a great job on everything from food, pumpkin carbing and I"m very impressed by your "budget" costumes!! Hershey looked great too!! Your neighbors all looked good and I liked all the themes they came up with!! You've got a fun neighborhood!! Love and miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete