"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

My friend, Ruth, came over this weekend to make wreaths together. I had an old Christmas wreath that had been weathered pretty badly over the past few years from being outside on our back door, so I took all the decorations off and reused the greenery part of the wreath, which was still in good shape. I decided to go non-traditional with my design and used silver, white, pink, blue, and lime green. It will match my colored Christmas lights that I put on my back deck, plus I can use it all winter. I bought my supplies at New River Pottery, and I had the bow made there as well. For my first wreath, I am pretty proud of my work!



Ruth is experienced in making wreaths, so she made two wreaths in the time it took me to make one! She chose holly berries (some with sparkles, of course) and pine cones from New River Pottery for her wreaths. She is going to add battery-operated candles to the middle of the wreath, which will shine so pretty when she hangs them in her windows.



We had a great time and hope to get together again soon to do something else "crafty!" Now I'm ready to decorate for Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Mel, I'm soooo proud of you sweetie pie!!! You did a wonderful job on your wreath!!! It's beautiful!!! I love all the pretty colors you used and it will look great with your colored lights!! Post pics of it all after you're all done decorating!! I love and miss you sweetie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty wreath!! You are so crafty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete