"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Odds and Ends

What have we been up to lately?
1. Cody and I went to the Pitt County Maternity Fair last weekend. It is held at the local convention center. From doctors to community resources to baby shops, there are tons of different vendors to visit. They offer fresh fruit and veggies as a snack, and they give away lots of door prizes during the entire event. Door prizes range from bags, gift sets, strollers, and booster seats. Cody was a lucky winner of the door prize; he won a gift set which included a stuffed bunny, baby wipes, a sippy cup, and disposable nursing pads. Hershey took over the stuffed bunny, but the rest of the items will come in handy after the baby is born.

2. Strawberries at the local strawberry farm are ripe for picking! Cody and I went to pick our own fresh strawberries yesterday. We got two little baskets of strawberries for only around $2.50, plus they taste so much better than the ones you buy at the store. We had a great time, other than Cody getting stung by a bee on the bottom of his foot. We enjoyed homemade strawberry shortcakes (made by my dear husband) last night for dessert after dinner. I'm sure we'll made several trips back to get more strawberries before the season is over, and I look forward to picking blueberries in June and peaches in July!

3. I love spring and cannot wait to get hanging flower baskets for the front porch each year, as soon as the weather turns warm enough. I'm a little behind this year, but Cody and I finally made a trip to Plant and See nursery. We bought two hanging baskets of some kind of purple flower that hangs down over the baskets--I'm not sure what kind they are, but they are pretty. We also got a blue/purple colored hydrangea for the table between our rocking chairs. Now we just have to remember to water them...

4. Cody is on call today, but luckily, most of the afternoon was pretty slow. I had met him over at the hospital for lunch, but was able to spend the afternoon with him and even eat dinner with him before I left. Two meals together, plus a whole afternoon together, is unheard of on a call day! Let's hope tonight doesn't get too busy for him. One of the advantages of having a doctor as a husband is that he has access to medical equipment. While I was visiting today, he was able to use the doppler machine on me. It's kind of like an ultrasound machine, but there is no picture, only sound. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat and listen as long as I wanted! The heartbeat was almost 160 beats/minute. I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing that sound!

5. Happy Easter! My Redeemer Lives by Hillsong

1 comment:

  1. You two have been very busy!! I"m glad Cody won a door prize!! Wish you had also won a stroller, that would have been nice, but at least you won something!!!

    YUM, strawberries!!! Daddy has gotten some at SAm's, but I'm sure the ones you picked were a whole lot better! Sorry Cody got stung on his his foot!! OUCH!!

    Your front porch always looks so pretty with your hanging baskets & flowers on your table out there!

    That's wonderful that you got to spend so much time with Cody while he was on call!! I know how much you love him & want to spend time with him!! It is nice for you to have a doctor as a husband and that you got to listen to the baby's heartbeat all you wanted too!! I can still remember how much I loved listening to your heartbeat when I was pregnant with you!! You're right, you never get tired of hearing your baby's heartbeat!!

    Happy Easter and I"m sorry you two couldn't come in! EVeryone missed you and sends their best for you both and your pregancy!! I love and miss you, Cody, Hershey & the baby!!

    ReplyDelete