"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

32 Weeks

Wow!  I can't believe we are already at 32 weeks!  Time has flown by!  For the most part, I have been feeling well.  It is getting a little more difficult to sleep comfortably, indigestion is getting worse, and my energy level is decreasing.  I go for another monthly check-up with our midwife this Thursday, and then we will start going to appointments with her every 2 weeks.  We are lucky enough that I was chosen to be a guinea pig for the ECU OB/GYN interest group ultrasound lab--in exchange for letting them practice their ultrasound skills on my pregnant belly, we get to see Miss Madelyn again for free (plus I get a gift card to Peppermints Ice Cream Shoppe)!  The ultrasound lab will also be this Thursday night--hopefully we'll get some more pictures of Madelyn that we can share.

Mommy at 32 weeks



Cody and I are so excited about Madelyn's arrival!  I can't believe she'll be here in only 8 more weeks (give or take a little)!  Madelyn continues to be very active. She is most active at night, but I feel her throughout the day. (She is kicking like crazy as I am typing this.)  She is kicking lower, which causes me to have to go to the bathroom more, and she is kicking farther on my sides, which can be a little painful at times. It seems like she responds to our voices when we talk to her sometimes.  Sometimes it seems like she gets in a ball, which makes my belly lop-sided and shaped funny. 

For the most part, we are ready.  I've done all of our Christmas shopping and have everything wrapped so I don't have to worry about it later.  Her nursery is almost complete, other than a few small things.  I still want to make some meals to freeze for after she is born, and I need to pack our hospital bag.  I've ordered a book that was suggested by our midwife about the labor process, as we are trying to go through it as natural as possible, due to my fear of needles.  (We'll see how that goes once labor actually starts!)  Hopefully the book will be here soon so I can feel a little more prepared.  We go for a breastfeeding class this Wednesday. 

Updates to Maddie's nursery:

2 comments:

  1. Do you think she is head-down? Ava kicked me down low...because that's where her toes were. Then again I felt her little hands up top.

    You look fantastic! Have fun at the ultrasound. Don't dwell on the delivery too much...you know you can do it, and it will be over in a jiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update!!! :) We need to catch up! Do you have an email that you check regularly now that you're not at ECU? Shoot me an email (nicholehuff@aol.com) if you do. I miss you! And am so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete