"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 1, 2011

29 Weeks and Counting...

We cannot believe that we are already 29 weeks, as of this past Monday.  It seems like the 1st trimester went by slowly due to all the nausea, but the 2nd and 3rd trimester are flying by.  Little Miss Madelyn will be here before we know it!

2nd trimester was really pretty good.  Once my nausea was gone, I felt pretty good, and had close to my normal amount of energy.  My doctors appointments have been going well.  My weight gain has pleased Monica, our midwife.  (I'm really not sure how much I've gained at this point, but by my guess-timation, I'm thinking I've gained about 16-18 lbs.)  I've been pretty hungry the past few weeks.  I'm not really craving anything in particular, but ice cream is always good, and Chinese is getting to be at the top of my list too.  I'm starting to get where it is hard to sleep--I'm up so often using the bathroom again, and my hips are hurting from laying on my sides.  I finished working a few weeks ago, and I've really enjoyed being a stay-at-home wife and mommy.  I have to remind myself to take it easy during the day, as my body is getting to where it just can't handle as much.  I still feel good, but I just need to take more regular breaks between chores and errands.  We have signed up for an expectant parent class and a breastfeeding class, and I've sent in our pre-registration for the hospital.

Mommy at 28 Weeks, 2 Days


Our friends/neighbors, Kelley and Susan, took me out for lunch to celebrate Madelyn.  Elizabeth, our neighbor who moved, unfortunately wasn't able to come, but she sent her love and well wishes!  Chili's was quite yummy, and we all had a good time!  Thanks for the shower, girls!

We have really made great progress with Madelyn's nursery.  Cody has painted, the furniture has arrived, bedding has been washed and put in her crib, clothing has been washed and put in her closet, and pictures have been hung on the walls.  We still have a few things to do before it is complete, but things are coming together.






Madelyn is still a little wiggle worm.  She moves around a lot throughout the day (if I am still enough to feel her), but she is most active in the evenings.  I've been trying to read to her most days--we've already starting rocking in her rocking chair in her nursery and having storytime.  (Usually big brother Hershey will join us!)  According to what I've read, Madelyn is probably around 2 1/2 lbs and about 16 inches long!  She is able to blink and practice breathing.  Her main job over the next couple months is to gain weight. 

We are so excited about Madelyn's arrival!  She will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. now that's more like it! :) you look beautiful as always........

    As someone in Eastern NC once told me "you're in the short rows now, Sug" haha. The last 10 weeks go really fast (and really slow at the same time).

    ReplyDelete