"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hair Bow Holder

During this time of waiting on Madelyn to arrive, I've been trying to stay busy with some crafty projects.  One of my projects was to make a hair bow holder for Madelyn.  I'd seen these on Etsy and thought they were so cute, but I didn't want to spend $25 or $30 for one.  They looked easy enough, so I figured I'd try to make one.

I started with a solid white wooden "M" ($2.49), 2 spools of ribbon ($1.99 each), and 8 different colors of paint ($0.97 each), which will also be used for another project.  I traced the design from Madelyn's bedding onto the letter M and painted it in the same colors as her bedding.  I hot glued the ribbon onto the M so that it hangs down to hold her hair bows, tied a bow at the top, and voila....a hair bow holder made by Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. it looks great! hopefully Madelyn will enjoy her bows a bit more than Ava (who throws them at me every time I try to put one in her hair, haha).

    ReplyDelete