"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, October 12, 2012

Here We Grow Again!

Cody went on a medical mission trip with our church during the week of September 22-29 (more to come on that later), and while he was gone, Maddie and I went to stay with my parents.  So thankful to my dad for coming to pick us up and for Cody's mom bringing us back home!!

Cody's return flight was to land in Raleigh on Saturday night around 11:30 p.m.; since Sherri was going to stay the night and could watch Maddie, I decided to go pick him up at the airport.  I had missed him so much over the week and couldn't wait any longer!  Plus, I had some huge news to share with him.

Saturday evening around dinner time, I decided to take a pregnancy test--although I knew I was NOT pregnant.  I mean, what would the chances be considering we had to do IVF to get pregnant with Maddie and we weren't even really trying to get pregnant?  I was completely floored when it turned out to be positive.  I couldn't believe it!  I was shaking with excitement and shock!  I think Maddie thought I had gone crazy.  With God, all things are possible!  {Matthew 19:26}

Sherri had gone out to pick up some Chinese food for dinner when I took the test, so I had a few minutes to compose myself before she got back.  I didn't share our good news with her yet, because I wanted Cody to be the first to know.  Cody called a little later to let me know he had gotten into Miami and they were getting ready to board their next flight to Raleigh.  Oh, how I wanted to tell him so bad, but I wanted to share it with him in person.  This secret was such a huge and wonderful secret, I was about to bust because I wanted to share it so badly.

It was finally time for me to leave to go to the airport.  Of course it was raining like cats and dogs, but I was thankfully able to follow another guy from our church who was going to pick up his wife.  The whole way there I just kept thinking about how Cody was going to react when I told him.  I knew he'd be excited, and I just wait!  I decided to wait and tell him in the car when it was just the two of us.

I felt like we waited and waited after we got to the airport for their plane to land.  Finally the group arrived, and it was so good to see Cody!  We hadn't been away from each other for that long since our sophomore year of college.  Life just wasn't the same without him!  As much as I missed him though, I was so proud of him for going on this trip!  It took a lot of sacrifice to go on this trip, but I know it made him a better person and deepened his walk with God.

We unexpectedly had to take another person back home with us.  I usually wouldn't have minded, but I didn't know how I was going to be able to keep my secret much longer.  I wanted it to be just the two of us when I told him, so my secret was going to have to wait a little longer.  We dropped Dr. Watson off at the church and started home.  We hadn't gone about a block when I told Cody he needed to pull over so I could show him something.  Before he even got off the road he said, "Are you going to tell me what I think you are going to tell me?"  "What do you think I am going to tell you?" I replied.  "Are you pregnant?" he asked.  What?!?!?  How did he know?  It took me completely by surprise.  I told him I was pregnant and showed him the pregnancy test.  I wanted him to see it to make sure I hadn't looked at it wrong--I was still in disbelief.  The crazy thing is that Cody proceeded to tell me that he had a dream while he was in Belize that I was pregnant!  I guess that just goes to show that God talks to us in all kinds of ways.  It's funny because Cody technically knew I was pregnant before I even knew. 

We are so excited and blessed to be pregnant with this baby! 


4 comments:

  1. We are soon excited for you...what an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!! Congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so excited about another baby in the family! Cannot wait to see you all again next month. Love to you, Cody and Miss Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elliot and I are so excited for your family. I was telling Elliot yesterday that between you, Pam and me, by summertime next year, our little WCU group will TRIPLE in size/babies. What blessings! I hope you are feelig ok and getting some rest, tho I know that's hard will an 11 month old.

    ReplyDelete