"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oh, Baby

I am now 8 weeks pregnant.....and still in shock that it happened.  What a wonderful gift from God! 

We went for a dating ultrasound with our reproductive endocrinologist about a week and a half ago .  Although we are no longer under his care, he offered to get us in for an ultrasound a LOT sooner than the regular OB office.  At that time, we were 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  He's going to do another ultrasound at the end of the month to get a more exact measurement and due date.  With the baby being so small at the first ultrasound, the dating may not be as accurate, so that's why he wanted to do another one when the baby is a little bigger.  It was such a blessing to get that ultrasound--it provided reassurance and made me smile to see that little baby and hear his or her heartbeat.  There is nothing like it!



I go back for another ultrasound on October 30, followed by the typical initial nurse visit.  I'd schedule with our midwife, Monica, for the next appointment.

So far this pregnancy has been similar to when I was pregnant with Maddie, although not quite as intense.  I've had nausea, pretty much all day and night....just not as bad as I did with Maddie.  I've had indigestion....just not as bad as I did with Maddie.  I assume some of that is due to the fact that I had all those extra hormones from IVF in my system with Maddie, and of course the fact that all pregnancies are different.  I've been tired, and sometimes completely exhausted.  I try to take naps during the day when Maddie is napping, which means that not much is getting done around the house.  Thank God for an awesome husband who is more than willing to take up my slack!

2 comments:

  1. You are both blessed to have each other. I am so happy that I am going to have another sweet little grandbaby. I know that James would have been so happy to have his family increasing like it is. Just want yall to know that I love yall very much and if there is anything I can do, just let me know. Hopefully before too long, you will feel much better and not so tired. Won't be long till you are thru with your first trimester as fast as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Can't wait to watch the little gummy bear grow.

    ReplyDelete