"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Cody and I had a great Valentine's Day yesterday. After eating breakfast, I tried to surprise Cody by taking him to the Country Doctor Museum in Bailey, NC. However, before I even had the words out of my mouth, he said, "You're taking me to the Country Doctor Museum, aren't you?" I couldn't believe he figured it out...somehow he always figures out my surprises. Even though it wasn't really a surprise, Cody had a great time at the museum (and I did too). After we watched a short video about the museum, we took a personal tour. It was so nice being about to have our own tour guide for just the two of us--we could go at our own speed, ask questions, and easily see everything. The museum had some really neat artifacts--old medicine bottles (including the original medicines), surgery tools, record keeping books, artificial limbs, dentistry items, leeches, homeopathic "medicines", an iron lung, and much more. After the tour, we visited the gift shop. Cody got a coffee mug and a t-shirt, and I got a Christmas ornament and a t-shirt.
The museum really sparked our interest in collecting more medical antiques to add to our small collection, so on our way back to Greenville, we stopped at an antiques shop. We didn't find anything, but it was still nice. For dinner, we went to Olive Garden (where else???). At 5:00, there was already an hour and 15 minute wait. Since Old Navy was so close by, we just went shopping for a little while during our wait. Our dinner was SO good...as usual! I had the baked ziti and Cody had the steak gorgonzola. To close the day, we rented a move--The Secret Life of Bees. (Which, by the way, was very good...we would both recommend it!) We had a wonderful Valentine's Day! It was nice just to spend the day together. I am so lucky to be married to the most wonderful guy in the whole world! I love you Cody!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetheart! It sounds like you did have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Even though you didnt' really get to surprise Cody (since he figured it out), I know he was touched by you thinking of something he'd like! You two make a wonderful, loving couple! I'm very proud and happy for the both of you!

    Love you bunches!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete