"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blueberry Picking Time

There is a blueberry farm right beside of the strawberry farm where we went a few weeks ago.  I have been wanting to go pick blueberries for several years now, but I can never remember to actually go once they are in season!  This year, I remembered!  Cody had the day off on Memorial Day, so we went to pick blueberries as a family.  We got a little over a pound of blueberries and a carrot and cucumber for a salad for only $2.50!  I made a yummy honey-lime fruit salad with some of the blueberries, and I'll probably make a blueberry cobbler too.  They have peaches in July, so now if I can only remember to go back when the time comes!

Daddy and Maddie picking blueberries

Having fun!

Look at those blueberries, Maddie!

Mommy picking blueberries

The homemade handy-dandy blueberry bucket

2 comments:

  1. haven't done blueberries before...might have to look into that. Nice belts for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure and make some blueberry pancakes. They are delicious. Wish we had something like that close by. I mean to go pick strawberries every year but let it pass by me until it is too late. Hope yall have a good day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete