"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What Have We Been Doing?

So I know I've been missing in action on here for the past several weeks....ok, almost a month!  Cody was able to work with one of the Family Medicine offices in Taylorsville for two weeks, so Maddie and I tagged along since all of our family lives there.  We were just too busy having fun to do anything besides just enjoy being around our family!

We are wanting to move back to Taylorsville once Cody finishes his residency, so this was the perfect opportunity to get his foot in the door with one of the FM offices there.  He worked with the Family Care Center and loved it!  He pretty much has a job there if he wants it!  There is one other office in town that he will work with at the end of the year, so we'll just have to wait and see where God is leading him to go.

While we were there, we were able to get in lots of family time!  We had lots of family dinners with both sides of our family, watched our nephew Connor play t-ball, went to eat lunch with Connor and my sister, and I was able to visit with one of my best friends from high school!  Although it was nice to come back to our own house, we really hated to leave.  It was so nice being so close to all of our family again!  We are ready to move back!

Although Madelyn seemed to enjoy being around all of her family, she just could not get into any good sleeping habits while we were there.  I tried to keep her routine as close to normal as possible, but her naps shortened, and she was up multiple times at night, sometimes for hours at a time!  Either she was so excited about being there or just missing her own bed that she just couldn't sleep.  Thank goodness she already seems to be back into her normal sleeping patterns since we returned to Greenville!

Cody came back to Greenville on May 1, but Madelyn and I stayed for a few more days to throw a gender reveal party for my sister and her husband.  It turned out so good!  I'll do another post soon with pictures of the party!

1 comment:

  1. I sure enjoyed getting to visit with yall when I could. It seems like Maddie is just growing before my eyes. I will be so glad when yall will be thru over there and yall can move back to our county. Maddie sure is a beautiful little baby and I am so blessed to be her Nana. Hope you have a good Mother's Day Weekend. I will really miss getting to be with yall this year.

    ReplyDelete